The Sequence Chart Studio (scstudio) is a user-friendly drawing and
verification tool for Message Sequence Charts (basic MSC, HMSC) and
UML Sequence Diagrams.
It provides several verification algorithms and offers an open interface
for additional modules. The graphical front-end is implemented as a
Microsoft Visio add-on,
but integration with other applications is possible.
The Sequence Chart Studio enables users of Microsoft Visio 2003/2007 to:
- Draw basic MSC: line instances, messages, coregions, general ordering, time constraints and measurements
- Draw HMSC: references, conditions, connections
- Export and import the ITU-T Z.120 textual format (.mpr)
- Perform graphical syntax verification
- Execute verification algorithms: detect deadlock/livelock, detect cycles, race conditions and universal boundedness
- Determine probability distribution of time constraints using Monte Carlo simulation
- Develop proprietary stencils and verification/export modules
The software is freely available under LGPL via
The Sequence Chart Studio was created as a joint project of
ANF DATA spol. s r.o.
and the research center Institute for Theoretical Computer Science (ITI),
Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University.